After a successful tour of West Indies team India is ready to begin their home season 2019-20 with a three match T20I series that starts tomorrow in Dharmsala. Given both teams recent performance and strength India is firm favourite to clinch the series. The likes of Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Shikhar Dhawan shouldn’t have much problems against the inexperienced bowling attack of South Africa. On the other hand, South Africa’s young team will look to upset India.
Match Details :
Match : Ind vs SA, India vs South Africa, South Africa tour of India
Date and time : 15 September 2019, 7.00 PM IST
Venue : Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharmsala
India Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. India is ranked fourth in the ICC T20I team rankings.
2. Hardik Pandya is back to the squad after missing the T20I series against West Indies.
3. Shreyas Iyer should return to the playing XI after an impressive performance in the ODI series against West Indies.
4. Shikhar Dhawan had a poor outing in West Indies but for now he should continue to open with Rohit Sharma.
Expected XI :
Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini
South Africa Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. South Africa is ranked third in the ICC T20I team rankings in the world.
2. Captain Faf du Plessis is rested for this series and in his absence Quinton de Kock will be captaining.
3. Temba Bavuma is set to make his T20I debut for South Africa.
4. Spinner Imran Tahir, all rounder JP Duminy and pacers Lungi Ngidi and Dale Steyn are also not included for this series.
5. Anrich Nortje and Tabraiz Shamsi are also making their comebacks.
6. There are no injury issues in the South African team camp.
Expected XI :
Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, Temba Bavuma, David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Beuran Hendricks, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi
IND vs SA Dream11 Prediction :
Wicketkeepers : Quinton de Kock, Rishabh Pant
Batsmen : Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Temba Bavuma
All rounders : Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Dwayne Pretorious
Bowlers : Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini, Kagiso Rabada
Captain and Vice Captain :
Captain Rohit Sharma and vice captain Virat Kohli
Stats and facts :
1. India are coming off with a 3-0 series win over West Indies in the last month while South Africa will play their first T20I match since March.
2. Rohit Sharma (2422) and Virat Kohli (2369) are top two leading run getters in T20I format.
3. Rohit Sharma played 106 runs knock in the T20I match against South Africa in Dharmsala in 2015.
4. Rohit Sharma has scored 128 runs at an average of 64.00 against South Africa in T20Is at home.
5. Shikhar Dhawan has been poor in T20Is this year and his last 5 scores in T20Is are 3, 23, 1, 14 and 5.
6. Andile Phehlukwayo has picked up 12 wickets at an average of 12.75 in 5 T20Is this year.
7. Deepak Chahar took 3 wickets for just 4 runs in his last T20I appearance.