IND vs NZ Dream11 18th Match Prediction | India vs New Zealand ICC World Cup 2019
Two teams who have not lost a single game in this edition of the World Cup will square-off against each other at the batting paradise of England, i.e. at the Trent Bridge in Nottingham. The teams we are talking about are India and New Zealand who will be colliding in the 18th match of the competition.
New Zealand have so far gone past three Asian teams, they blew away Sri Lanka in their World Cup opener by 10 wickets, followed by wins over Bangladesh and Afghanistan by 2 and 7 wickets respectively. This would be their fourth encounter on the trot against a sub-continent team.
Meanwhile, India are coming into this match on the back of two wins in succession. They defeated South Africa in their opening game on 05th June by 6 wickets and then pummelled Australia by 36 runs to grab the third position on the points table.
Best Performance in the World Cup:
New Zealand: Runners-up in 2015 edition.
India: Champions in 1983 and 2011 editions.
India vs New Zealand
Venue: Trent Bridge, Nottingham
Time: June 13, 03:00 PM
Head to Head in ODIs
India won: 55
New Zealand won: 45
No result: 05
The surface and the weather at The Trent Bridge, Nottingham
The surface at Trent Bridge has always assisted the batsmen as they find it relatively easy to score runs here. Besides, heavy rain is predicted in the later part of the game which could mean the possibility of a complete game is dreary.
Won batting first: 20 (43%)
Won batting second: 25 (53%)
No Result: 01
Highest Total: 481/6 (50 Ov) by ENG vs AUS, June 19, 2018
Lowest Total: 83/10 (23 Ov) by SA vs ENG, August 26, 2008
300+ Totals: 13
400+ Totals: 02
Also read: IND vs NZ Grand League Team Prediction
IND vs NZ Team News:
- India have struck with a massive blow in the form of opener Shikhar Dhawan who has got a hairline fracture in his thumb while batting against Australia.
- He has been sidelined for three weeks and will not take part in this clash as well.
- KL Rahul will be opening the innings in his absence, whereas, one between Dinesh Karthik and Vijay Shankar will bat at the all-important fourth position.
- Colin Munro could be sidelined for this game after not contributing much in the last two fixtures. Henry Nicholls can come into the squad at his expense.
India squad to face New Zealand:
Virat Kohli (c), Vijay Shankar, Rohit Sharma, Kuldeep Yadav, MS Dhoni (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Kedar Jadhav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, KL Rahul.
New Zealand squad to face India:
Kane Williamson (c), Tom Latham (wk), Tom Blundell, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Ish Sodhi, Ross Taylor, Mitchell Santner, Colin Munro, Jimmy Neesham, Colin de Grandhomme, Henry Nicholls, Lockie Ferguson, Tim Southee, Trent Boult.
IND vs NZ Playing11 (Expected)
India: Rohit Sharma, Kannaur Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli, Dinesh Karthik/Vijay Shankar, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ravindra Jadeja/Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah.
New Zealand: Martin Guptill, Colin Munro/Henry Nicholls, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, Tom Latham, Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Trent Boult, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson/Tim Southee, James Neesham.
Players in focus
- This man does not need any introduction whatsoever. It is very rare when he goes through a rough patch with the bat.
- He averages astonishingly against New Zealand i.e. 68.53 which includes 7 fifties and 5 hundreds from just 22 innings.
- His last 4 scores against the Blackcaps are 113, 45, 43 and 60.
- In the absence of Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul is set to open the Indian innings with his senior partner Rohit Sharma.
- KL averages 41 from his last 4 ODI innings as he has accumulated 123 runs.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- The former Indian skipper has been finishing off games in style for so many years now.
- In 25 innings against this opposition, he has scored 890 runs which include 6 fifties at a fabulous average of 49.44.
- India’s premier pacer Jasprit Bumrah has so far scalped 5 wickets from 2 games in this World Cup.
- Barring his debut game against New Zealand, he has picked a wicket every time he has played against this opposition. From 7 matches, he has picked 12 wickets at an average of 22.75.
- His stats against the Blackcaps aren’t that good as he averages 35 against them.
- Although, his current form has been really impressive as he has scored 330 runs in his last 4 ODI innings which includes three fifties and a hundred. He is averaging 110 in this span.
- Has been in a terrific run of form lately. Ross Taylor has amassed 1117 runs against this opposition at an average of 41.37.
- His last three ODI knocks have seen him scoring 69, 82 and 48.
- The Blackcaps skipper Kane Williamson is the stalwart of this team.
- He has scored 895 runs against this opposition from 23 innings at an average of 38.91.
- When it comes to batting at Trent Bridge, Kane averages 54.50 as he has scored 109 runs here from just two innings.
- New Zealand’s wicket-keeper batsmen particularly love to bat against this opposition.
- He has an outstanding average of 58.30 against them which includes 4 fifties and a hundred.
- The Blackcaps spearhead has dismissed Rohit Sharma with his lethal and deceptive inswingers 4-times in his ODI career.
- He has taken 22 scalps against this opposition from 12 matches.